Sunday, June 28, 2009

Adventureland and more

Well, since I have last blogged here is what has been going on. I had my first week of watching Graham again. For those that don't know Graham is an 8 month old little boy that I watch during the day. His mom got laid off and so I didn't watch him for a few weeks but she quickly found a new job and so I am back to watching him. Matthias and Kaylee were sooooo happy to have him back. They just love that little guy so much. We had a fun week of playing with a new slip and slide in the back yard and having Graham play in the baby pool. One night after Graham went home and Erv got home from work we took the kids to Adventureland. This is a local amusement park we purchased season tickets for. We had a lot of first this time when we went. First of all Matthias had been begging me to go on the ferris wheel with him and Daddy and Kaylee. I opted out the first time Erv took them on it (not to fond of heights!!). So when they wanted to go on again I told Matthias I would just wait for them and he said "Just try it one time mom and see if you like it." Little stinker used my own words against me that he often hears at dinner time!!! Any rate I still tried to stay behind but once he saw I was not following to get in line he yelled for me to come and get in line. So, I did. With my heart racing and terrified. Well, I survived and luckily I had dark sunglasses on so I closed my eyes a few times and they didn't know the difference.

Then on to a water ride because it was super hot. Matthias really wanted to go on the log ride and Kaylee went on once last year and was terrified and wouldn't go on again. However, she was jazzed to go on it this year and all four of us got on with Matthias and I in the front and Kaylee and Erv in the back. Matthias took the brunt of the splashes and was soaked. Then we rode the raging river for the first time ever and again Matthias (and me!) got the worst of it. Matthias didn't care one bit! He was loving it!!!

As for this weekend, we have been pretty low key and getting errands done to go out of town Wed night. We'll be headed for Colorado once Erv gets home from work on Wed to spend some time with his parents that are retired out there in the mountains. The kids could not be more excited to go. They love being out there and would certainly live there if I let them!

No comments:

Post a Comment