Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Helloooo out there!

Okay here is my first crack at "blogging"! It seems like it is the thing to do and I can certainly type a lot faster than I can write. I have always wanted to journal but just don't find the time. So I figured I would try this out and see how it goes. I will start with the events of today...

Matthias had his second day of Safety City put on by the Waukee Police Dept. He was pumped because he got to ride a school bus and take a tour of the poice dept and fire house. He told me he got to use the fire hose and knocked over two chairs and sprayed a tree and the fire truck....he was ELATED to say the least! While he was at Safety City Kaylee and I hung out and I helped her string a necklace of beads. I asked her what she wanted to do with mommy time and that was her choice. Then we went for a walk (well I walked and she rode her big wheel). As soon as we stepped off the drive way it started to sprinkle and I thought it would quite so we kept going but it didn't. Oh well....no big deal. We still had fun on our walk. Although Kaylee insisted on bringing a little baggie of 4 pieces of candy and had to stop (in the rain mind you) to eat one periodically. :-)

I took both the kids to the zoo this afternoon despite the still dreary and drizzly appearace outside. We took umbrellas and we are glad we did....it rained on us but the kids were excited about using the umbrellas. We didn't stay long (we have a season pass so we can do that!) and we were pretty soggy once we got to the car but we had fun!!

Erv took the kids to Pizza Ranch for dinner and I went and had a hair cut. The kids LOVE Pizza Ranch and asked to go there and since it was kids night there we figured it would be a good night to go. I chowed on a bowl of my Kashi cereral which is OK with me b/c I love it!!!

On to our biggest news of the day..... drum roll..........Matthias lost his first tooth today!!!! It has been loose for sometime and he still has 4 more loose in his mouth. He is very excited to see what the tooth fairy leaves for him tonight. He is hoping for a whistle. If the tooth fairy has even a little respect or love for ME there will be no whistle!!! I am hoping for a dollar and then maybe a trip to the dollar store. Let's hope we don't see a whistle at the dollar store!!

Well...there it is! My first blog attempt ever!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I know you will enjoy writing it and we'll enjoy seeing what's going on for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete